Learn about other people’s cultures by exploring the topics below, using the links provided. You’ll learn about what people are like in Ukraine, Turkey, and China. As you explore, fill out the worksheet provided — you’ll need to write about 2 countries for each category. After, you’ll create a short skit demonstrating some aspect of culture in one of these countries, and the rest of the class will have to guess what country you are showing.
- Ukraine: Dinner on Orthodox Easter / Melodies and Delicacies
- Turkey: Mmm… Turkish Cuisine
- China: Yuck or Yum? / I Miss Bizarre Food Combos
- Ukraine: Beginning of School Exploration / “Special” Education / Student Video #1 / Student Video #2
- Turkey: Different Sides of Istanbul / Loving School
- China: Students / Teachers / Flag Raising / Successes and Challenges
- Ukraine: Colors of Kyiv / Dinner on Orthodox Easter
- Turkey: A Muslim Country?
- China: Colors of the Hutong
- Ukraine: Special Thanks and Music / Melodies and Delicacies
- China: Acrobatics and Circus Arts / The Art of Paper and Pen
Want to see some other aspects of culture? Here are some bonus entries from China: