Want to become a global citizen? There are many resources beyond this site that will help you learn about the world. Here’s a few great ones. Please note that these links take you outside of the Innovation on Earth page, so use safe internet strategies when viewing this and other new internet content:
- Sacred to Me, Sacred to You: Here’s the link to our class blog on world religion.
- What the World Eats: See what families around the world eat.
- Where Children Sleep: Learn about the world through seeing kids and their bedrooms.
- 100 People: Check out the videos to learn about global issues around the world.
- A Day in the Life of Ukraine: Read about what it’s like to live in Ukraine, written by students!
- Survey Link: Are you a student at IACS? Take this survey to give me some feedback on this website.
- Family on Bikes: Can you imagine if your mom and dad took you out of regular school and organized a family bike tour from Alaska to Argentina? These people did it!
- The Do Write Campaign: Inspiring 15 year old Madeleine Lippey started a global literary magazine, and it has taken off. She’s received art, writing, and photography submissions from all over the world! Note that some students have written about mature topics that might not be suitable for all 5th and 6th graders.
- Cycling Silk: Kate and Mel traveled Marco Polo’s Silk Route, from Turkey to China… by bicycle! (Kate is a friend of Ms. Krakauer’s from Somerville)
- Forward Expeditions: John and Tyler skied to the North Pole without any external support or food drops. Wow! (John is a friend of Ms. Krakauer’s from college)
- Digital Explorer: This UK-based organization takes young people abroad, and then live-blogs into classrooms about their expeditions (Ms. Krakauer met Jamie, who runs this organization, while volunteering at a school in India)
- Lillie Marshall, Around the World L: Lillie is a Boston Public School Teacher who took a year off to travel around the world. Check out her travel blog with exotic destinations, from Laos to Ghana!
- Do you know other interesting travelers? Let Ms. Krakauer know who should be added to this list!
- Want to see lots of videos from Ukraine, Turkey, China, and more? Visit InnovationOnEarth’s Youtube Page.
- Visit our class page on Edmodo!
- Check out this short trailer that Ms. Krakauer made before her trip to Ukraine and Turkey. Footage in the video comes from previous travels in El Salvador, Peru, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Mali. Make sure to come back to read the blog.
- Video: Miniature Earth: What would the world look like if it were only 100 people?
- Video: Did you Know? Shift Happens
This is really cool but how do I get to the global leaders club?
Hi Maggie — it’s a blog entry from September 17. Click on the side where it says “Global Leaders Club” in recent entries!
Please tell me before it’s to late